Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sketching on Mt Wellington


Had a bit of time in Mt Wellington yesterday so thought I'd wander up the hill and see if the view was sketch worthy. Not the nicest of days but at least it wasn't raining, and I was surprised by the number of people making the trek up on such a miserable day - it's definitely well used - and why not, it's a good workout getting up there and the view makes it all worthwhile. 

The problem was which part of the huge view to sketch, especially as there is an impressive crater to look into as well. I settled on this view looking south west over the Manukau Harbour to the Manukau Heads, Waitakere Ranges and Awhitu peninsular. Mangere mountain which I drew a few weeks back looks pretty insignificant from up here too.

I'm going back again soon to draw the view to the north - including the city, the Waitemata Harbour Rangitoto Island and that enormous volcanic crater if I can fit it in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment