Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Vanuatu



A large tree overhanging the beach on Pele Island...it's a beautiful corner of the world.
Back in July I scraped up my last money and booked a flight from Auckland to Vanuatu. 
I landed on the main island, Efate, and decided not to stay in the capital Port Vila.
Instead I hopped on a van to the northern end of Efate, taking the boat over to
the 
beautiful volcanic islands Nguna and Pele.
There's no resorts on these islands, just a couple of basic bungalows right at the beach...

The main beach, Taloa Wharf at Nguna Island, where I was waiting for my ride over
to Pele. Two local kids watched me drawing and wanted to sign their names, too :)








All the locals seem to have a smartphone...

My room at Simoa Bungalows on Pele Island, where I was the only guest. 
My hosts did everything for me, from cooking three times a day, providing 
snorkeling gear and organizing my ride back to Port Vila. 
I'll surely travel to Vanuatu again one day!

1 comment: