Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Palawan, Philippines

The entire March I have been traveling on Palawan, the remotest island 
of the Philippines in the South China Sea. I have filled two new sketchbooks 
with drawings from places like Guangzhou (the airport of Canton, Southern 
China), the capital Manila, the lovely beach town Port Barton and touristy 
El Nido, where I've already been to in 2011. As I have been traveling together  
with my cousin Luisa, lot's of drawings feature her as a model, which she 
put up with patiently. More Palawan drawings can be found on my website :)


Luisa at Guangzhou airport (transit Amsterdam to Manila)

Manila, Best Western Hotel, Arquiza St

Luisa at Greenviews restaurant, Corong-Corong

Nipa hut at Greenviews resort

Luisa and Erik at Jane's Grill, El Nido beach

our bungalow in El Nido

7 comments:

  1. Terrific sketches Theresa. I'm very jealous of your trip! Do your travels bring you back down this way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Murray! yes, I totally I hope that I'm able to visit NZ again at the end of the year, then we can catch up :) I really enjoy to check this blog and see your latest drawings!

      Delete
  2. Great work Theresa, I'm inspired and I'm off on my travels this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Graham! Where are you traveling to? Can't wait to see the sketches :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Theresa, I'm off to Singapore, London & France for six weeks to see artist friends, a busy schedule, but will hopefully have time to do some drawing.

      Delete
  3. great stuff Theresa! I like relaxed easy going drawings of vacations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent travel sketching - love it!

    ReplyDelete