Thursday, May 11, 2017

New Plymouth ANZAC Day 2017

I've been out sketching other things since it's actually been pretty dry lately, however here is my finished ANZAC Day dawn ceremony sketch. As you can see I've made most of it way darker. The areas that you had seen in my previous progress pic are sort of visual notes reminding me that these are the really dark areas. This allows me to do a reasonably detailed sketch of something that is only there for a short period of time. This is my third ANZAC sketch, three years in a row. I didn't plan on coming out to do another one this year, but my sketch from last year was chosen to be in an art show in New Plymouth (running from June to November). This sort of motivated me to try it again. I don't think I will do a fourth any year soon but I'm happy with three; they look good together.


3 comments:

  1. Nice series.
    Lest we forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three years in a row, well done, another great drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was actually Murray's sketch from the year before the first of these that made me want to give it (ANZAC and night sketching in general) a try.

    ReplyDelete