Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Old Bedford Truck, Wanaka

Vintage Bedford Truck, Wanaka Cemetery

I am back from 6 months of travel in Spain and France and with many, many sketches. Unfortunately I didn't have enough mobile data to post any blog posts while away. Even on my own blog :-(
But back home now I can do a catch up.

First up, back to sketching with Wanaka Painters' Group every Monday morning. Yay!

Gone to pasture at the Wanaka Cemetery, this old truck has been my muse before. Last time I sketched it from the front, with it's wonderful grill, rusty bonnet and broken front bumper. But this time I couldn't resist the lovely hand painted sign writing on the side. Hellyer!

The photo above shows the painting after I finished on location on Monday morning. Back home, I decided to tidy the white writing a little with some white watercolour paint and to add a dark shadow underneath. The finished painting is below.

J.B. Hellyer
Watercolour and ink on Fabriano block, about A4 size.


Old Bedford truck

Hopefully you'll be seeing more of me here over the next 6 months!

Renee (scatterlings.co.nz)


1 comment: