Saturday, December 7, 2019

Car troubles


I've been having a few car troubles lately so have been in and out of the garage a few times.

The good thing about having an old car is you have to go to a garage that understands old cars, and those garages are full of old cars – just perfect for the sketcher.



A good example is the sketch at the top, they had an E-type and an MG Midget up on the hoists, there were some other MG's and an old 50's Austin out that back that I'm going to sketch next time I'm in (let's hope that's a while off because the latest work means I'm broke).

The jags rear subframe was out for work so I got a good nosey at it. Quite an impressive piece of engineering – fully independent suspension with inboard disc brakes and two coil-over gas shocks on each side. Quite a lot more sophisticated than your usual old car!

I got to sketch this absolutely mint black '32 MG, and another white E-type which pops nicely off the page using a white Posca pen on kraft paper...


2 comments: