Saturday, December 15, 2018

Mixed bag

Here are 3 sketches done in 3 different occasions. 
I thought I could put them together and do a post.  

This first one is 1937 Dodge Sedan Coupé that I found on the Swap, meet and display annual event in Christchurch. The owner have painted it in gold colour. I liked the car and I also had golden gouache so that makes plenty of reason to sketch it
 
 Last sunday, our sketching Christchurch group meet in Taylors Mistake, a beach close to Sumner where there were illegally built a series of holiday bachs. City council had put up a discussion about demolishing them or not, but most of the people have realized that they are part of the character of the place, so I don't think its going to happen. On this bach you can easily see from the facade that it had been done in different stage and it grew along with the family necessities.  It had a combination of claddings but a constant colour had been used throughout.

 A few weeks ago, the HMNZS Canterbury which is a multi-role vessel from NZ navy, anchored in Lyttelton and it had helicopter parked the back deck. Its usually stays inside the boat for protection but it had been taken to exhibit to everyone. While I was doing it, a line of people start forming in front of me to get inside the boat, the adults stayed on the line and the small kids surrounded me trying to see what I was doing. When we are kids, drawing is such an important task in our life why do we stop sketching? I hope I had inspired at least one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment