Sunday, October 27, 2019

October 2019: Nuffield Street, Newmarket



One of the great parts of belonging to the Urban Sketchers group, apart from amazing people and great drawing opportunities, is getting to go to places in Auckland that are new. Nuffield Street is in Newmarket, Auckland. While it's a street running parallel to the main road, Broadway, it is certainly a street I'd never visited before. Thank goodness our event organisers keep their eyes out for treasures like this.

Jana, Louis and me outside Tasca Cafe and Bar, Nuffield Street, Newmarket.
Nuffield Street feels very different from the rest of Newmarket. The sunshine and dappled light might've had something to do with that feeling. I settled down outside the Tasca Cafe and Bar to draw the stores across the road.

What was neat was that there were other urban sketchers across the road drawing the cafe I was sitting at as I was drawing them sitting outside the stores I was drawing. Sketchers sit nice and still so make them easier to draw than busy shoppers.

Murray, Dianne and Jana
Murray Dewhurst sketching the Tasca Cafe where I'm sitting.
Me sketching Murray, Diane and Jana who were drawing the cafe I was sitting outside from across the road.

I loved looking up to see other sketchers looking back...

Murray, Michelle, Jana's drawings.
We gathered inside the Tasca Cafe to share our work and catch up. A really lovely day on Nuffield Street in Newmarket.

Urban Sketchers Auckland, family photo for October 2019.

The line drawing I took home after our Urban Sketching session...
... my drawing with watercolour added later in the evening.
Example of some of the work completed on and around Nuffield Street in Newmarket, Auckland.

More photos on our Urban Sketchers Auckland Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment